I am ECSTATIC!!!! about this book, The Artistic Mother: A Practical Guide to Fitting Creativity into Your Busy Life by Shona Cole, and I cannot wait to get my copy. I browsed though it at the Barnes in Nobles at Cross County and it is definitely the book to have if you are a creative mom trying to squeeze artistic time into your life. If you have read my blog for some time, you know that this has been my challenge. I do carve out time to work on my my clothing line, Nelesc Designs, and this provides a great creative outlet. However, recently, I have been wanting to make more collage art like this, which I posted in March and I think this is the book to jumpstart it given that Shona herself is a collage artist. Since I can only work on my personal art projects when the baby is not at the sitter, I am looking forward to hearing about Shona's tips on creating more time for self expression.
Here is what you will find in her book:
• The Artist’s Workshop, a 12-week art course that teaches you how to bring creativity back into your life
• Step-by-step instructions for more than 12 finished art pieces celebrating motherhood and family
• A weekly action plan to help you make the best use of your time
• Artist Spotlights that introduce you to 7 inspiring artist-mommas
• Tips on creating time and space in your life for your art
• A beginner’s guide to each of three much-loved arts: poetry, photography and mixed media