|BEFORE AND AFTER|
This time I did not draft the pattern but got a little help from this baby, McCall's 6605. I have had this one in my stash for a while and I thought it would be great for this project.
I had enough shirt material to possibly use for the entire project but since I love color blocking, I added this black cotton for the effect.
A couple of more points to share: The material for the tie portion was taken from the sleeves and I simple transferred the buttons from the original shirt onto this shirt. Also, it's important to note that the sizing for the pattern was a little off. I cut the pattern at the smallest size and still had to take the final version in at the side seams immensely to look like this. I also cut a lot off from the sleeves. It's a already a loose-fitting shirt, I needed next to no sleeves so it didn't overpower me.
I love the results! I can wear it to work with dressier pants or dress it down with jeans, as seen here. Hubby has since donated a couple more so I'll be figuring out what to do with them in the coming weeks.
By the way, all photos were taken by my older son :)