Monday, February 19, 2018

My Blog has Moved to Wordpress!


Hello friends! 

This is way overdue, but I wanted to let you know that this blog has moved to Wordpress! I am keeping this blog open for a while as I move content over, but feel free to keep up to date with Nelarte over here - same web address; www.nellescalalnte.com. 


A lot has happened in 2017;
First,  I changed my shop name from Nelesc Designs to Nelarte. I have always known that ART is a big part of my identity. I make clothes and collages, I work in various museums talking about art, I lead art making workshops, and when I have time, I blog about the artist life.
In the last couple of years, in addition to running my shop, I have returned to my museum education career so I felt like my name should reflect that. So Nelesc Designs is now NELARTE. I also changed my name in most of my social media platforms. If you want to find me on Etsy search for http://www.nelarte.etsy.com. I now have my refashion tutorials up there and plan to stock up in the new year.
In addition to returning to my museum/art teaching career, I also published and promoted my book, Girl Reconstructed: Crafting a Creative Business as a Special Needs Mom.
For a while, I have been wanting to have new conversations around God, art, motherhood, special needs, and creative entrepreneurship. Publishing my book was my contribution to this new conversation that I wanted to be part of.  How do we create around these contexts? At this point in my life, this dialogue  feels most authentic and I would love to hear from you as well. Together, we can learn from each other.
So I invite you into my life, through this new blog at WordPress, as I juggle a museum job, creative entrepreneurship, art making, and special needs motherhood, all in the light of someone who strongly believes in God and his hand in it all. I will be keeping this old blog up for a while as a transfer some content to the new one.
I am looking forward to sharing this   new phase of my business/life with you!
Happy New Year and may 2018 be a year full of creativity, hope and joy!


7 comments: