Wednesday, November 5, 2008

YES WE CAN!


Yesterday I, and two friends, got up and voted at 6:00 in the morning with a sense of mission and charge. It was exhilarating, exciting, goundbreaking, to be able to vote for someone who signified change and hope. I took a picture near a "vote here" sign because I knew how historic that moment could be. Last night when I heard that Obama won, I was so overwhelmed with emotion. I called my mom, sisters, and anyone else I could get in the line to share the moment with. I felt the need to connect. To be part of something bigger. And I was. I think that was the most exhilarating part, that at that moment, I felt connected to the rest of the country, there by myself in my living room. It's an awesome feeling. I think i see a new image for my clothing line coming on.

No comments:

Post a Comment