Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Productive Day Today


I had such a productive day today. I have a great new customer who ordered a bunch of items which I am custom making for her and I am about done with the first item. She wants this jacket with longer sleeves, in black, and with Che Guevara on it. This is what I worked on today.

As I mentioned before, I hate working in piece meal fashion; cut the fabric one day, sew the bodice the other, the next, sew the sleeves, etc. I LOVE long stretches of creative time. Have I mentioned that before? Yes, about a zillion times on this blog. Anyway, I decided that with two kids, if I wanted to get anything done, I had to give into working this way. So I cut the pattern yesterday and would have been content today if I simply got the bodice of the jacket done. However, I was pleasantly surprised when my little D continued to be distracted by the fish tank, his toys and the Baby Einstein video I put on for him, that I just kept sewing. When he took his customery 2 hour nap, I was surprised to have finished the entire jacket save the buttons and the serging. So just when I finally gave into working piece meal, he goes and gives me time to finish the whole thing. Now I am spoiled and expect this same kind of behavior from him all the time. Aaaaaah what to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment