Nevertheless, this time around, I decided to document Spring break. I figured it would get my oldest involved as he constantly reminded me to take a picture, it would add some structure to our day, and also keep me organized as I planned events.
So here they are, a visual document of our Spring Break. descriptions correspond to pictures row by row.
1. Monday was a beautiful day so we went to the park. My caption on my intsagram (nelescdesigns) read "a gated park is an autism mom's best friend"
2. The boys and I in the park
3. I worked at my museum job and the kids stayed home with Dad. This is a shot of one of the artworks by Deborah Grant, The Birth of a Genius in the Midnight Sun, 2012. It rained that day so I didn't feel bad that they stayed in.
4. We went to my sister's house. My sister has a way with Dan. So glad she and her girls love and accept him.
5. We went to the Fire Safety Zone, with another family who also has a son on the spectrum. Check out Miz Kp's blog, Sailing Autistic Seas. It does have a sea of information and insight into living with a child on the autism spectrum.
It's always difficult to go out with Dan but he did surprisingly well.
6. We stayed home because I had a lot of work to do for my Art for Autism fundraiser. I felt a little guilty but I stepped out to get the mail and it was cold!!! So I didn't feel so bad. Notice, the weather always dissuades my guilt! lol.
7. Art for Autism fundraiser. my oldest and our cousin dropped by. It was a great day and will blog about it separately.
8. We went to the movies and saw Rio 2. It was wonderful! Micah really enjoyed it but Dan fell asleep. I wasn't complaining. The photo was of Micah and I walking to the train afterward. Dan did not want any part of the pic.
9. Hubby took Micah out and I took a walk to the library with Dan. Sometimes we have to separate them and give them individual attention.
How was your Spring Break?