Saturday, June 21, 2008

Much better day yesterday

Yesterday was a much betetr day. I put D in the baby sitter (I usually do that once a week but we have not been able to afford it the past three weeks, maybe that is why I have been so gloomy) and headed out to buy some t-shirts to complete one of my reconstructed t-shirt dresses. On my way, I ran into one of my dear friends, S, who lives near my babysitter. We chatted, I vented, it was great to talk to a live person who understood what I was going through. I only stayed a second because I wanted to make the most of my 5 hours away from the baby. So I bought my t-shirts, went to the bank, stopped by the fabric store to inquire about sergers and then bought turkey meat for dinner. When i got back home, I put on one of my many 80s mixed cds, blasted the volume and vacuumed/danced for about 45 minutes fulfilling my exercise and cleaning requirements for the day.

Then it was time to sew. I managed to sew all the pieces to one dress, no finishing though. I just wanted to know what it would look like on. It was okay, needed more twekaing. This is a dress made from recycled fabric. I had previously made a maternity top that I no longer need so i took it apart to make the striped bodice. The black is made from one of my husbands discarded turtlenecks. On the brown and green dress, I managed to cut the skirt from the t-shirts but didn't attached it yet. Photos to come, i promise!!!!

So creating really upped my mood. I need to do that on a regular basis. Why do i pretend to think that if I go a while without making something, it will be okay. I was the kind of art teacher who constantly taught this concept in my classes. The need to constantly create to get better, to be better. Why don't I heed my own advice!!!!.

Another good thing that happened yesterday...one of my friends from highschool found me on my facebook account, she saw my reconstructed Frida t-shirt from my photo and requested I make her one. Maybe my facebook account will be good for business. Okay, gotta go get dressed, we are all going out to buy a new bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment