Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Romper Love




Okay, here's my second romper and I really love it. I used McCalls 6083 pattern and was quite pleased with the results. This is actually a reconstruction. Last year I saw these hideous knitted dresses on sale for $1!!!! So I bought like seven of them knowing that I would use the fabric to make something else (I wish I would have taken pics of them before I ripped them up). Anyway, this romper is made from the skirt portions of 4 of the dresses. It is a very thin burgundy knit but it works okay. I wore it today to take my little one to the sitter and do some romping in the super market. Here I am romping in my front yard! I will definitely make another one. I have a black polka dot knit that will transition nicely into the fall. The only change I would make is to make it longer and to ruch the shoulders a bit more.



What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you're good. That's really nice. It looks so cool for summer and comfortable.

    ReplyDelete