Wednesday, August 15, 2012

More Romper Love: A Semi-tutorial

Two years ago, I wrote about my love affair with rompers/jumpsuits and made about three; this one, this one and this one. I finally got the fit I wanted by the last one. 

This year, the love affair continued and I found a cool way not to have to sew them from scratch. I thought to myself, "why don't I just sew two pieces together, a top and a pair of pants? This was a great way to take another look at my wardrobe and see what I could recycle into a jumpsuit. This is what I came up with:

The left was a dress I cut into tunic length thinking I would actually wear it more with skinny jeans. I didn't. On the right, are harem-like pants that I like and wear a lot but didn't mind using for this experiment sine I have another pair just like it.  


I put the tunic on and measured where, on my waist, I wanted to attach the pants. I marked it and then cut. 

 

The pants band was a bit too high so I cut it as well.


Finished product!

I loved the way it came out! I liken the jumpsuit to a super hero uniform, if you will.  It's easy, you put it on in one swift pull over each leg and then shoulders, and you're ready to run to the post office, do grocery shopping, and pick up the kids in a single bound. You can even squeeze a sensory play session in there if you're really feeling adventurous!  

No comments:

Post a Comment