Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Serenity Prayer T-Shirt Reconstruction


I love it when the message and the medium come together! This was one of my very first t-shirt transformations. Someone gave me this t-shirt ages ago and, of course, I didn't wear it because it was super big. I did love the saying, though,  The Serenity Prayer:

God, grant me the serenity to
accept the things I cannot change
Courage to change the things I can
and the wisdom to know the difference.


My oldest was about two years old and newly diagnosed with autism, when I rediscovered sewing again. Sewing refreshed me as a mother of special needs kids. It gave me a much needed break from visual schedules, tantrums, ABA, etc. Looking back, I didn't consciously choose this shirt for my first recon project but how appropriate and timely was it, no? I sure needed this saying at this particular time. The shirt chose me.  

Have you ever had a project that chose you?

No comments:

Post a Comment