Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Sorry it took so long to write


Aaaahh so sorry for taking so long to write. I have had so much going on. First of all it was M's 6th birthday and we had a birthday party and all that took up some of my time. My hubby was also directing a play which filled our house with endless props. I don't know about you but when the house is cluttered like that, I can't manage to find the mental capacity to make stuff. Another thing is that this week D will get evaluated. Given our history with autism (M was diagnosed 4 years ago) we thought it was prudent to have D evaluated. He's not really talking or pointing although he is extremely relational; makes eye contact, plays peekaboo, laughs all the time, etc. I am trying not to worry but I am worrying. I will keep you posted.


But in the midst of that I did manage to finish some stuff and organize my sewing area. I decided to yake a break from making stuff for the line and make pieces for myself. This would allow me the time to practice on myself and see if there is potential to then include the designs in the line. as for organizing, I placed some of the books from my bookcases elsewhere and placed my fabrics in the bookcases so I can see them. It's an investment in my desire to make my sewing a business. I really don't know if it's possible but it's a step of faith. I also put a serger on layaway!!!!!! Another investment in my business plan. It's more than half way paid off. i overlock stitch my garments with my brother machine but i now want to up the anty and make my finishing more professional. I'll let you know when it arrives.


Anyway, here is a pic of the black and white dress that turned into a top. I am very happy with it and already wore it to church with rave reviews. This is my attempt to make pieces from scraps using my own patterns. No faces on these, this will be another facet of the line.

No comments:

Post a Comment